Non Eu citizens

Desplegar filtros


Teaching English / Non EU Citizens

Vaughan Systems we have over three hundred teachers that come from an array of different cultural backgrounds. Some have dual nationality; for example, some hold both Irish and American passports – entitling them to work in an EU country like Spain.

In order to work legally in Spain, a potential employee needs to hold both a NIE (Foreigner Identification number) and a social security number (or the eligibility to apply for both). Without these official documents, it is not possible to work legally in Spain. However, read on – there are other scenarios:

The first thing you should do is to check if you have recent ancestry from a European Union (or Swiss, Norwegian or Icelandic) member state – the best option is to contact your nearest embassy or consulate of the country in question. Each country has different citizenship criteria - though the majority of nations will only grant citizenship where the link is to the previous one or two generations.

If you are married to an EU citizen, then you are, at least in theory, eligible to obtain an EU passport.

At Vaughan Systems we recruit and train all throughout the year; so once you have possession of either an EU passport or an unrestricted work visa, we’ll be happy to review your application. We, unfortunately, cannot support a candidate’s application for acquiring such a work visa. Neither can we hire on a student visa.